Mergermarket is pleased to present the latest edition of Wolf Theiss Corporate Monitor’s M&A Spotlight on CEE/SEE. This report surveyed 150 senior-level executives regarding their dealmaking experience in the region and offers analysis of M&A activity in the region.
Key findings include:
• 99% of respondents say that their past experiences of doing business in the CEE region would encourage them to invest again.
• 91% of previous investors see Hungary as the strongest area for investment, saying they would invest here again. Austria and the Czech Republic were also seen as strong areas, with 78% and 70% respectively saying they would invest here again.
• TMT is seen as the most promising area for investment in 2019, while other strong sectors include industrials and chemicals and business and financial services.
• Economic growth looks set to remain steady in 2019, with 38% of respondents expecting the next few months to reflect the fundraising environment of the previous two years and 38% expecting an improvement.
• Potential risks facing dealmakers include uncertainty regarding the impact of Brexit, trade disputes between the US and China and political and economic uncertainty in some European countries.